Suleiman Shahbaz is a Pakistani politician best known as the son of the Prime Minister of Pakistan. Shahbaz Sharif,
Suleiman Shahbaz was born in 1982 (age 40 years; by 2022) in Lahore, Pakistan. He did his graduation in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from the University of Oxford, England.
Hair Color: semi bald
Eye Colour: black
Suleiman Shahbaz was from a political family as his father is the Prime Minister of Pakistan, and his brother is the Chief Minister of Pakistan.
parents and siblings
Suleiman’s father’s name is Shahbaz SharifWho is the Prime Minister of Pakistan.
His mother’s name was Begum Nusrat Shahbaz. He has four siblings, one brother, Hamza Shahbaziwho is a politician, and three sisters, Rabia Imran, Khadija Shahbaz and Javeria Shahbaz Sharif.
wife and children
Suleman is married to Zainab Suleman.
Suleiman is a Sunni Muslim.
Suleman Bhat belongs to the Kashmiri tribe.
Suleiman lives at 1 Concord Business Centre, Concord Road, London, United Kingdom, W3 0TJ.
Suleman runs his family business Sharif Group.
In 2019, Suleiman was arrested by the National Accountability Bureau in a money laundering case. The organization claimed Hamza ShahbaziSuleiman and his father Shahbaz Sharif Property owned by Rs. 3.3 billion. His and his family’s immovable properties were confiscated. In October 2019, Suleman was issued a non-bailable arrest warrant and the accountability court declared Suleman a fugitive offender. The accounts of Sharif family members were frozen in 2021.
Facts / Trivia
- Suleiman is politically inclined towards the Pakistan Muslim League (N).
- In 2016, Suleiman used to attend meetings with Chinese officials along with his uncle Nawaz. In a press conference, Imran Khan, who is the former prime minister of Pakistan, questioned Suleiman’s presence in meetings with Nawaz Sharif. Imran said that the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is not doing well because of Suleiman. In an interview, Suleman replied to Imran Khan and said,
Imran Khan is not even fit to lead the party, he has lost his mind. Why would I make CPEC controversial? Why doesn’t he bring his children to study in Pakistan? TV channels are playing 3 years old footage of him when he went to perform Umrah with PM Nawaz Sharif and he is currently in the country.
- In 2019, Suleman’s name was mentioned in the Exit Control List (ECL) by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
- In 2019, after PML(N) president Shahbaz Sharif returned to India, Suleiman remained in London.
- In 2019, in an interview, Suleman talked about Rs. 99 million checks that he signed in 2009 and gave to Manzoor Ahmed and Qasim Qayyum, he said,
I do not know Qasim Qayyum, I had not even met him in my life. I do not recognize this man. I did not meet Manzoor and Qasim, this is the claim of the government and I completely deny it, it is a joke.
- Suleiman’s name is often spelled as Salman Shahbaz.
- Reportedly, Suleiman sent a bouquet to Jehangir Tareen in Oxford, United Kingdom in 2022. Jahangir was often seen criticizing the Pakistan Muslim League (N), because in 2016, the PML-N filed a petition to disqualify Tarin from his National Assembly seat. Submission of false statements with the Election Commission of Pakistan.