Suvigya Sharma is an Indian artist known for her works in the field of art and fashion. He is a painter, canvas artist, fashion designer, miniature and live portrait maker. He is known for his restoration works at City Palace, Jaipur, Singapore Art Museum and Jama Masjid. He is also famous for his miniature artworks and acrylic paintings on canvas. The fusion of 24 carat gold work with semi precious embedded stones makes his artworks unique.
Suvigya Sharma was born on Thursday 28 July 1983 in Jaipur, Rajasthan. He was born to an artist who was known for his miniature artworks which he produced over the years for some elite businessmen, including the Birlas and the Ambanis. Suvigya did his early education from Sawai Mansingh School and Vidyashram of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. He went to Bhawanipur Education Society College, Kolkata for his graduation. He also went to Symbiosis International University, Pune to study Foreign Trade and Export Management. He was in love with art since childhood and started painting at the age of seven. She loved to dance and also worked as a dance teacher in her teens.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Color: Black
Eye Colour: dark brown
family and caste
Suvigya Sharma was born in a Hindu Brahmin family.
parents and siblings
Suvigya Sharma is born to RK Sharma and Meenakshi Sharma. His father is a painting artist, and his mother is a housewife.
wife and children
Suvigya Sharma married Charu Sharma, and the couple has a son named Abhigya Sharma.
Suvigya is the founder and creative director of Kala Mahal, established in 2001. He specializes in framing miniature artworks, Tanjore paintings and lifelike paintings. He has created artworks for many high-end clients including LN Mittal, Sachin Tendulkar, Barack Obama, Priyanka Chopra, Narendra Modi, Hillary Clinton, Sanjay Dutt, Aditya Chopra, Rani Mukerji, Ambani and others. He has designed the cover page for Utsav, Chef Vikas Khanna’s coffee table book. The cover had a portrait of the chef and some of his dishes. He believes that 2008-09 was the turning point in his career when actress Priyanka Chopra bought his paintings, and other celebrities saw them. Following his success in the arts and fashion industry, he decided to develop digital works. They created their first non-fungible token (NFT) and unveiled it in 2021.
Unveiling my first NFT, here is the physical copy. Thank you so much for your support in these 2 decades 🙂 Love and blessings. Suvigya Sharma Art
— Suvigya Sharma (@SuvigyaSharma) October 19, 2021
- During 2007 – 09, he performed at the Art of India and Open Palm Court events in Chennai and Delhi.
- In 2009, he performed at the Mythologies of India event in Mumbai.
- In 2010, he exhibited his artworks at The Golden Era in Breach Candy, Mumbai.
- In 2013, he exhibited his artworks at Kala Ghoda Arts Festival, Mumbai.
- In 2014, he exhibited his artworks at Simroza Art Gallery, Mumbai.
- In 2015, he exhibited his artworks at Forever Eternal ‘Pichwai Kamalnayan Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai’.
- In 2016, he exhibited at The Art of Royals and Timeless Miniature Art in Mumbai.
Awards, Honors, Achievements
- Bharat Gaurav Awardee (2012) and a TEDx speaker
- His artwork, Timeless Miniature Art, was displayed at the Make in India event in February 2016.
- His name has been recorded in India Book of Records and Asia Book of Records for his 4D effect Siddhi Vinayak painting.
- He has created artworks for over 100 celebrities including Sachin Tendulkar, Kangana Ranaut and Sanjay Dutt.
Facts / Trivia
- Suvigya made his first painting at the age of 7.
- He was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador of Rajasthan in 2017 by Smile Foundation.