Tanya Gyani is a globally recognized Indian personality in the world of interior design. She is known for her floral design, home decor and styling, interior design and product design.
Tanya Giani was born in 1980 (age 42 years; by 2022) in Chandigarh, India. She grew up in Bangalore and went to a design school in India. She graduated in Accessory Design from the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), New Delhi, India and moved to Italy where she obtained her Master’s degree in Interior Design from the Florence Design Academy in Florence and won the Elite Student Award and continued her education. Proceeded with the Vitra Design Museum in Weil am Rhein, Germany. After completing his studies in the field of designing, he started working as an interior designer in Dubai (UAE), Hong Kong and India. She moved to USA in the year 2014. Tanya feels a special connection with Gnani flowers as she feels calm and has a sense of self-care while arranging them. She shared that she is inspired by nature and high in organic elements which can be seen in her work as well as in an interview conducted in 2102 by saying,
When I get stuck I just take a walk in the park. Nature has by far the best color combination and my idea of a perfect living space is very organic. So it’s zen for me with spa colors and lots of natural ingredients.”
Traveling and working in different countries has helped her to gain knowledge about different cultures and gain experience in her life which always proves useful for her work ideas. The beauty, fragrance and tenderness of flowers do magic for her. She felt so attracted to nature that she created a brand of her own.
Height (approx.): 5’4
Hair Color: light golden brown (highlight)
Eye Colour: brown
After completing his creative studies, he began designing as a product designer. His designing background is in Interior Designing and Home Styling. In an interview conducted in 2012, Tanya Giani shared that working in different countries with different styles like Italy and Dubai taught her to balance her thoughts and ideas by saying,
Each city has its own distinctive style. I was in Florence when the minimalist movement was at its peak. Dubai goes for grandeur. Designing a home in such diverse cities teaches you to come up with your own balanced approach. ,
Designer Tanya Giani creates magic with flowers in her work. She offers her designs to selected and small groups of clients through her boutique firm, ‘Tanya Gyani Designs’ based in Palo Alto, California.
interior decor specialist
Tanya Giani has designed for an award winning company which has been providing her services in Interior Design and Home Furniture for almost a decade as a retailer, i.e. Indigo Living. He has also served as the Chief Interior Design Consultant for Delhi Land and Finance (DLF Limited).
Tanya Gyani is also famous for her product design. She has created commendable designs for various retailers like Michael Aram, Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn etc. His excellence in designing can be seen in the form of scented candles, wall art, gallery frames, trays, mirrors, boxes and imitation vegetation.
He was honored as one of the Top 20 Creative Futures in India by the British Council in 2006.
- colour’s): All shades of green and purple.
- dessert: A fresh fruit pastry or a fruit tart.
- beverage: Masala Chai and Hot Apple Cider.
- Cocktail Bar (in Tulum, Mexico): Be Tulum Hotel, ARCA Tulum and Todo Santos Bar in Quintana Roo
- Cafe: Mademoiselle Colette in Palo Alto, Calif.
Facts / Trivia
- She has a Holland Lop Bunny and an English Cream Retriever named Hugs Bunny and Bear.
- She finds arranging flowers as a form of self-care as it is calming and therapeutic.
- Her favorite part of every design project is creating moodboards.
- He is very particular about his wall art at home. It should either be a piece made by himself for the retailer or purchased from a quirky shop by him during the trip.
- She grew up reading a collection of works by English children’s author Enid Marie Blyton. His work, The Enid Blyton Book of Fairies, had a great influence on him.
- Black and white are a big no-no for her designs.
- She never operates with a ‘less is more’ approach.
- Each of his works/arrangements are handmade.
- It has also shaped the residences on Palm Island which is famous for being a place where many big events take place.
- She often shares her other interests such as baking and preparing refreshing drinks including cocktails and mocktails.