Hometown: Coventry, United Kingdom
Age: 54 Years
Cause of Death: Prolonged Illness
Some lesser known facts about Taji
- Taz was a British singer of Indian origin who rose to fame with his pop songs in the 90s. He died on 29 April 2022 due to prolonged illness.
- In 1996, he began his career as a lead singer in the pop band Stereo Nation. He was one of the singers who introduced cross-cultural Asian fusion music.
- Some of his popular music albums are ‘The Remix Album’ (1990), ‘Spirits of Rhythm’ (1994), ‘Nasha’ (1999), ‘Rewind Selecta’ (2009), and ‘Desi and You Know It’ (2012). . ,
- His song ‘Pyaar Ho Gaya’ from the music album ‘Oh! Laila’ (2000) was one of the chartbuster songs.
- In 2007, he acted in the English language film ‘Sambar Salsa’ (2007).
- He gained immense popularity with his songs in Hindi movies like ‘Koi… Mil Gaya’ (2003), ‘Mujhpe To Jadu’ from ‘Race’ (2008), “Daaru Vich Pyaar” from ‘Guest in London’ . (2017), and “Gallon Gorian” from ‘Batla House’ (2019).
- In an interview, he talked about his training in music. He said,
I am a bathroom singer and I have not taken any kind of training. I play keyboard enough to be able to compose and I am purely soul driven when it comes to performing on stage. ,
- He used to perform live in various stage shows and events.
- He was a dog lover and had a pet dog named Kovu.
- He was often seen drinking alcohol at parties and events.
- He recorded one of his songs in English, Spanish and Swahili.
- Once, jazz performed at the Royal Albert Hall to raise funds for charities in Afghanistan.
- They also played live at the annual gala of the Richest British Asian Awards at the Natural History Museum in London in the presence of Prince Charles.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, her hernia surgery was postponed by two years. He went into a coma in 2021 as his condition deteriorated. He later recovered from it, but in March 2022 his health started deteriorating again and he died on 29 April 2022 due to prolonged illness.