Temjen Imna Along is an Indian politician. On 15 January 2020, he became the state president of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of Nagaland. Since 2018, he is the Minister of Higher Education and Tribal Affairs, Government of Nagaland.
Temjen Imna Along Longkumer was born on Tuesday, November 25, 1980 (age 40 years; by 2022) in Nagaland, India. Their zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He completed his pre-university (12th class) in commerce at the City College of Arts and Commerce, Dimapur in 1999.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 95 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
Temjen hails from a Christian family from Nagaland.
parents and siblings
His father’s name is Imnasashi Longkumer, who passed away. His mother’s name is Temsunaro Chungmir. He has a brother named Tinu Akum Longkumer who is in the Naga Regiment of the Indian Army.
He belongs to the Ao Naga tribe in Nagaland, which comes under the category of Scheduled Tribe in India. He follows Christianity.
Temjen joined politics in 2018, when he was elected to the Nagaland Legislative Assembly from Alongtaki (Mokokchung) constituency. In 2018, he became a member of the Nagaland Legislative Assembly from Alongtaki constituency, and in the same year, he became the Minister of Higher and Technical Education in the 4th Neiphiu Rio Ministry.
Feedback from United Naga Council (UNC)
On the Naga political issue after the formation of the Core Committee on Naga Political Issues (CCNPI) in 2021, he said that the central government was ready to solve the Naga political issue, but the Nagas would have to fully accept the solution. In an interview he said,
The Government of India (GOI) under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah is all set to come to an agreement, but are we fully inclusive to accept it? Government of India is making all efforts and is committed towards the people of Nagaland. If there is no compromise then no one can blame the BJP. As if BJP is to be blamed for not resolving the issue. Today, if the BJP government says it is a compromise, will everyone accept it?
The United Naga Council (UNC) was not happy with Imna’s statement. UNC said in a press statement,
This is extremely unfortunate and too early for a ‘young novice politician’. We want him to change his course as he has a long way to go.”
After facing opposition from tribal groups and social organisations, he expressed grief for hurting the sentiments of the people. he said,
Whatever solution will come, it should be under the Constitution of India and it should be under the Union of India. So whatever is good for the Naga people under the Constitution of India should and should be followed. I appeal to all the Nagas as well as the Government of India to find a respectable and permanent solution so that the Naga generation of tomorrow can live with dignity.
adapted into an adult video
In 2022, Temgen filed a complaint at the state police’s cybercrime facility against an anonymous man who blackmailed her with a tampered adult video. According to him, his image in the adult video was used to ruin his reputation with the help of computer graphics. Unknown person demanded ransom and blackmailed him for uploading the pornographic video on social media if the total amount was not paid. Inma said,
I have already lodged a complaint against the number from (the number from which the miscreant had called). If anyone gets any message like this, please report it by sending me id or phone number…Help me find the culprit. I will take good care of him in my Naga style.”
Awards and honors
- On 17 February 2016, PB Acharya, the Governor of Nagaland and Assam, visited REM Group’s headquarters in Longtho, Mokokchung, Nagaland and presented him with a certificate of recognition for his contribution to the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Mission, Nagaland.
- Temgen won the International Award in “Leadership Excellence in Social Entrepreneurship” at the 7th edition of the Middle East Business Leadership Awards 2016 on 17 February 2017 at Inter Continental London Park Lane, London.
- On 23 February 2017, the Governor of Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh, Shri. PB Acharya congratulates Temgen Imna Along on winning the Leadership Excellence in Social Entrepreneurship Award at Raj Bhavan Kohima, Nagaland.
He owns Toyota Fortuner and Toyota Innova.
Reportedly, his monthly income is Rs 5 lakh.
As of 2018, his net worth is Rs 9.2 crore.
Facts / Trivia
- He is a BJP minister as well as a businessman. He is the Chairman and MD of REM Group Nagaland.
- Temjen is popular among netizens for his witty and witty answers. Talking about the benefits of having small eyes and mocking racism during an event, he said,
Smaller eyes are less likely to enter dirt. People with smaller eyes may fall asleep during long events.”
- Temjen is single, and after becoming famous on the internet, he shared a screenshot of Google searches related to his name. One of the most trending searches was “temjen imna with wife”. He posted the screenshot on Twitter with the caption,
Ayali, @Google Search excites me. I’m still looking for him!”
mane, @Google discovery excites me
I’m still looking for him! pic.twitter.com/RzmmgyFFeq
— Temjen Imna Along (@AlongImna) 10 July 2022
Anupam Mittal, founder of Shaadi.com, replied to him by tweeting,
have to do something @shaadi.com
— Anupam Mittal (@anupammittal) 10 July 2022
To this Temgen replied to Anupam Mittal and said,
Brother, we are bindas at present. Waiting for Salman bhai.”
- On the occasion of World Population Day on 11 July 2022, he encouraged people to join his single movement and be single like him. He tweeted,
on the occasion of #world population dayLet us be mindful of the issues of population growth and make informed choices when it comes to having children.
either #stay single Like me and together we can contribute towards a sustainable future.
Let’s join the singles movement today. pic.twitter.com/geAKZ64bSr
— Temjen Imna Along (@AlongImna) 11 July 2022
- In 2022, speaking at an event, he shared his experience when he visited New Delhi for the first time in 1999 and faced racism because of his facial features. he said,
When the Old Delhi railway station got up, we saw more population than our Nagaland state. We just got hurt. Some people gave the idea that Naga people eat man, he eats… and when he saw us, he started getting more suspicious. Different in appearance, different in food, different in thinking… in the same way we have come from 50 to 60 years.
- Addressing the stereotypes about the people of the Northeast, he mentioned that it was difficult for him to prove to the people that he was an Indian. he said,
I had to create a lot of traditions that we are Hindustani and are from Nagaland. So someone also asked which land is Switzerland or Finland. I don’t forget that day.”
- On 10 July 2022, Temgen took to its Twitter handle and shared an incident of a visit to the Taj Mahal in 1999. They said,
I went to see the Taj Mahal in 1999. At that time I too had joined the ranks of the common man along with the countrymen. When I reached the counter after such a long line, two people took me to another line. I don’t know. At that time it took $20 to get in. But we had never even seen $20 in our lives.”
— Temjen Imna Along (@AlongImna) 10 July 2022