Marital Status: Widow
Hometown: Uttar Pradesh
Age: 31 Years
Some lesser known facts about Vaibhav Raj Gupta
- Vaibhav Raj Gupta is an Indian actor, best known for his role as Anand Mishra in the web series ‘Gullak’ (2019).
- He belongs to a family of artists. His grandfather was a famous painter in Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh. Vaibhav was not interested in studying in school, and was more inclined towards the arts.
- Her father wanted her to study CA from Lucknow, but in 2007 she started her modeling career after participating in Mr. Sitapur competition. He then moved to Mumbai and joined a theater where his first plays were Agni and Barkha.
- When he came to Mumbai, he wanted to work in a call center to earn money, but he was never selected for the interview. Later, he met some boys in a Mumbai local train who were distributing pamphlets to an NGO named ‘Greenpeace’ at the station and the next day, they started distributing pamphlets as well. He worked there for six months and earned Rs. 8000 per month. He distributed pamphlets at the station in the morning and attended rehearsals in the evening.
- He joined theater in 2009 and learned there for seven years. He has also learned mime from YouTube and has performed all over India.
- In 2018, along with filmmaker Devashish Makhija, he started Aabobo, a community of indie cinema that shares their short films with each other.
- He appeared in the short films Sharman Joshi Speaks the Truth (2014), Vighna Bharata (2015), Love Not at First Sight (2015), Adhuri Kavita: The Unfinished Poem (2016), and White Shirt (2017). In an interview, he talked about his experience working on the short film and said,
I have a special connection with short films. I started my career with short films. It is the best medium to express your creativity. As an actor, the subject of emotion is close to my heart. It is a 13-minute solo act in which an actor goes through a series of auditions. ,
- He appeared in the television series Strugglers (2016), Inside Edge (2017), Life Sahi Hai (2018), Mai (2022), and Good Bad Girl (2022).
- He appeared in the film AcharyaChakkit! in 2018.
- In an interview, he said that he got recognition after season 2 of the web series ‘Gullak’. In the interview he further said,
The piggy bank changed my life and career. While the first season didn’t run [create an impact] Because the show didn’t feature big faces, the fever took hold after the second edition. It took three seasons for people to recognize me as an actor. ,
- In 2014, he directed a anthology ‘Shuruat Ka Antaral’.
- In an interview, he recalled that in 2018 a casting director had called him a ‘thanda actor’.
- He has a tattoo on his right hand.