Height: 6′ 1″
Hometown: Mysore, Karnataka
Age: 33 Years
Some lesser known facts about Vashistha N Simha
- Vashishtha N Simha is an Indian Actor, Singer and Director who predominantly works in Kannada film industry.
- He was born and brought up in Mysore, Karnataka. After completing his formal education, he worked as a software engineer in a private firm. He was fond of acting and directing since childhood. During an interview, he talked about this and said,
I directed a play during my college days, for which I also got an award. This was all very encouraging for me. I used to go to a theater in Bangalore frequently and it attracted me more towards cinema. I started acting in theater plays. I have acted in half a dozen plays. I quit my job and focused my 100% on plays. From there my cinematic journey began.”
- In 2011, Simha quit his job and decided to pursue a career in acting. His first film in which he acted as ‘Hubli Hudagaru’ was not released.
- The actor made his debut in 2013 with a small role in the romantic Kannada film ‘Aryas Love’ directed by Punit Arya. In the same year, he also starred in the comedy-drama film Raja Huli, in which he played a character named Jagga. Directed by Guru Deshpande, the film starred Vashisht N Simha along with Yash, Meghna Raj, Moni, Chikkanna and Charan Raj.
- In 2015, Vashistha appeared on screen as Jagga in the Kannada language action film ‘Rudra Tandava’. The other cast of the film includes Chiranjeevi Sarja, Radhika Kumaraswamy, P. Ravi Shankar, Girish Karnad and Krishna. The film depicts the story of Shivraj (Sarja), a commoner who avenges the murder of his brother by the local mafia. After this he acted in the multilingual action film ‘Alone’. The Kannada adaptation of the film, alone, was released in theaters in November 2015 to mediocre reviews. According to a critic from Indiaglitz.com, “the first half is sordid” and “boring”, but “the second half is such a good handling by the filmmaker.” He later appeared in films like Karai Oram and Naan Love Track.
- Vashist N. Simha got her career breakthrough with her performance as Ranga in the film ‘Godhi Banna Sadhna Maykattu’. This Kannada drama film written and directed by Hemanta Rao, released theatrically on 3 June 2016 and proved to be a blockbuster for Kannada cinema. The film stars Ananth Nag and Rakshit Shetty along with Achyut Kumar, Shruti Hariharan, Vashishtha N Simha and Ravikiran in supporting roles. The plot centers around the disappearance of Venkob Rao, a middle-aged man suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. Her son Shiva, who is concerned about his father’s absence, begins the search with the help of a female doctor. Venkob becomes involved with an assassin. The rest of the film revolves around whether or not Shiva finds his father. Vashishtha N Simha’s acting prowess in the film received huge critical acclaim. He received three awards including 2nd IIFA Utsavam Best Actor in a Negative Role, 6th SIIMA Awards Best Actor in a Negative Role, and 64th Filmfare Awards South Best Supporting Actor, and several other nominations. He also earned great opportunities to work in various big projects.
- With ‘Godhi Banna Sadhna Maykattu’, Simha established himself as a mainstream actor in the Kannada film industry and later found himself involved in many other great projects like Sundaranga Jana, Upendra Mate Ba and Mufti.
- In 2017, he acted in the Kannada-language satirical film Dayavittu Gamanisi, directed by Rohit Medal. He played the role of Proxy along with Raghu Mukherjee, Sanyukta Horned, Sukrita Wagle, Prakash Belawadi, Rajesh Natrang, Bhavna Rao and Sangeeta Bhat.
- Vashishtha N Simha has become one of the most loved names working for every Kannada film. When asked about his favorite director with whom he would like to work. He replied,
Hanslekha is my favorite music director. I once tried to contact him to arrange a meeting. After that I came to his notice. One day, he called me and asked me to sing and that’s how my singing career started. During that time my interest in films increased. And that’s how I entered the industry.”
- Vashisht N Simha celebrated the year 2021 in an unusual way by adopting a lion cub on January 1. He called the cubs held at the Bannerghatta Biological Park, Vijay Narasimha, after his father.
I wanted to welcome 2021 in a different way, and I am happy to have a new member in the family who may not always be by my side, but I am happy to take responsibility for it. ,
- In 2018, the Godhi Banna Sadhana Mayakattu fame actor again came into limelight after his appearance in KGF: Chapter 1, one of the biggest blockbusters of the Kannada film industry. The Indian Kannada-language period action film, written and directed by Prashanth Neel, and produced by Vijay Kiragandur, was released on 21 December 2018 and the film grossed a total of 250 crores during its theatrical run, becoming the highest-grossing Kannada film ever. The film set a record. all the time, and became a cult success. Vashisht N Simha played the role of Kamal along with Yash, Ramachandra Raju, Srinidhi Shetty, Ananth Nag and Achyut Kumar.
- Apart from Kannada, he has also worked in the Telugu film industry. On his thoughts on working in several Indian film industries and establishing himself as a pan-India actor, he said,
I think the outcome of pan-India films is always unpredictable. Instead, I believe it is better for the artist to make a pan-India presence. With the opportunity to work in different languages, the actor gets a chance to connect with people from all walks of life,” he says, adding, “My entry into film industries in other languages was accidental as well as extraordinary, as I was offered The roles were based on my previous work. Although it was unexpected, I am glad that the approach he took was based on my talent.