Vineet Gupta is a renowned Indian philanthropist, entrepreneur and institution builder who is renowned for building high quality educational institutions in India like Ashoka University, Plaksha University and Jamboree Shiksha.
Vineet Gupta was born in Jind, Haryana.age 52 years; by 2022) He completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Delhi. Entrepreneurship was always his true calling, and Vineet started a Styrofoam business soon after graduating in 1992, and later left it in 2005. In 1995, he co-founded Jamboree Education with his wife, Akrita Kalra and grew it into one of India’s largest. Premier Test-Prep Institute.
height: 5′ 6″
Eye Colour: black
Hair Color: black
Vineet Gupta belongs to a Hindu Family.
parents and siblings
He was born to Jaydev Gupta and Rama Gupta. He has two brothers named Pranav Gupta and Sunny Gupta.
wife and children
He is married to Akrita Kalra. The couple has two daughters named Naima Kalra Gupta and Kiya Kalra Gupta.
An IITian by education, Vineet Gupta has made quite a name for himself in the field of education. He has been instrumental in enhancing Jamboree education and making it a premier institution synonymous with education abroad. He co-founded Ashoka University which is India’s first liberal arts and sciences university and also Plaksha University which aspires to re-imagine technology education for India and the world. His contribution in improving education and building world-class institutions has been widely acknowledged by the national media. He is also the co-chairman of the Education Committee in ASSOCHAM.
Facts / Trivia
- He enjoys reading, playing golf and traveling to the mountains in his spare time
- Vineet is a member of FICCI’s Education Committee.
- He is a charter member of TiE Delhi.
- He is the founding Pro-Vice Chancellor of Ashoka University and the founding Chairman of the Board of Trustees at Plaksha University.
- Vineet has been awarded as Educational Entrepreneur of the Year (Edupreneur of the Year) 2021-22 by APAC at their 2nd Global Education and Skills Conference.
- Vineet Gupta’s first venture was a packaging firm that manufactured Styrofoam. After successfully growing the business and becoming one of the top players in the market, he later sold it to focus his educational efforts.