Age: 48 Years
Father: Dr. Prabhu Dayal Agnihotri
Wife: Pallavi Joshi
Some lesser known facts about Vivek Agnihotri
- Vivek Agnihotri is an Indian film director, screenwriter and writer. He is a board member of the Central Board of Film Certification of India. In the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Vivek Agnihotri is the cultural representative of Indian cinema. He started his career with renowned Indian advertising agencies, and gradually, he shifted to the film production and directing industry of India.
- Soon after completing his studies, Vivek Agnihotri joined J. Worked with the world’s top companies including Walter Thompson, Ogilvy & Mather, McCann, Maggie’s, Nestle, P&G. He also served on the product launching team of Gillette and Coca-Cola. Later on, Vivek Agnihotri set up his own advertising company named Art Beat in Delhi. Soon, the company was recognized as one of the top ten fastest growing agencies in India by Bussiness Today.
- Later, Vivek Agnihotri entered the Indian entertainment industry as a screenwriter and made an award-winning documentary film titled ‘Social Justice in India’. Subsequently Vivek Agnihotri started his own film production banner named ‘Vivek Agnihotri Creates’ and screened various campaigns for renowned Indian brands like Vicks, Godrej, P&G, Dainik Bhaskar, Government of India and Blind Association of India.
- Thereafter, Vivek Agnihotri made a public advertisement film on AIDS and for this ad film Vivek Agnihotri won the A&M Gold Award and Ad Club Gold Award for outstanding creativity and contribution to the welfare of the society.
- Vivek Agnihotri has written scripts for many memorable television shows including Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum, Rishtey, Saturday Suspense, X-Zone, Anubhav and Sambhav.
- Reportedly, Vivek Agnihotri is considered as the thriller king of the Indian entertainment industry.
- Vivek Agnihotri is an avid public speaker. He is often seen speaking on socio-political issues like ‘Creative Thinking’ and ‘Innovation’ at various renowned global institutions including TED, Harvard University Conclave, NITI Aayog, Ideas India Conclave, World Hindu Congress, Indo-US Chamber of Commerce . and FICCI.
- In 2005, Vivek Agnihotri made his directorial debut with the film Chocolate, based on the story of a Hollywood crime thriller film, which was released in 1995.
- Vivek Agnihotri’s 2007 film Dhan Dhana Dhan Lakshya did average business at the box office. In 2014, his erotic thriller film ‘Zid’ performed poorly at the box office.
- In 2014, Vivek Agnihotri released ‘Buddha in a Traffic Jam’, a film based on urban Naxalism. The nexus between Naxalites, media, NGOs, terrorists and academics was exposed by him in this film. The film’s release was delayed by five years as the subject of the film was opposed by Left parties in India. During the making of this film, Vivek Agnihotri traveled all over India and also faced some violent attacks on him. Famous international universities like Purdue, Columbia, UNC, University of Houston, Ohio State University in USA, Oxford University in UK, King’s College, and colleges and universities like IIT, IIM, National Law University, BHU in India, JNU, DU, Mumbai University often invites Vivek Agnihotri to speak on various social issues.
- In 2017, a short film titled ‘Muhammad Aur Urvashi’ was released by him, and the film won several national and international awards.
- bollywood actress Tanushree Dutta In 2018 made harsh allegations against Vivek Agnihotri. She alleged that Vivek misbehaved with her in 2005 during the production of the film Chocolate. She made a public statement that during the film, Vivek asked her to undress and dance with her male co-star. When Irrfan Khan had to give a close-up shot for the film. Later, Vivek Agnihotri denied all the allegations and filed a defamation case against Tanushree Dutta.
- Vivek’s Twitter handle was blocked by Twitter after he abused Indian Bollywood actress Swara Bhaskar In September 2018, Swara Bhaskar wrote against a politician named PC George for calling a rape victim a prostitute. Vivek replied to Swara,
Where is the placard – ‘#MeTooProstituteNun’?”
This tweet was indirectly interpreted by calling Swara a prostitute. Vivek clarified his statement and said,
I was talking about liberal placards on select instances of alleged criminals belonging to the Hindu community. ,
- In 2019, ‘The Tashkent Files’, a film based on the mysterious death of India’s second Prime Minister Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri in Tashkent was released by Vivek Agnihotri, and for this film, he won the Film and TV Directors Association IFTDA Award. Well-known Indian educational institutions like IIM Ahmedabad and University of Mumbai Media Studies include ‘The Tashkent Files’ as a case study in their official curriculum.
- Vivek Agnihotri is a filmmaker as well as an accomplished writer. ‘Urban Naxal’ was published by him in 2018 and was considered as the fastest selling book of the year. He then wrote ‘Who Killed Shastri’ in 2020 and it was critically acclaimed across India amid the national lockdown in India.
- During his studies in the United States, Vivek Agnihotri started a social movement to collect funds for the victims of the Bhopal gas tragedy.
- Vivek Agnihotri belongs to a family of freedom fighters, and once, his family was honored by the President of India for his contribution to India’s freedom struggle.
- Vivek Agnihotri has a YouTube channel titled #VRATV, which broadcasts daily news and updates related to the COVID-19 disease when the pandemic hit India.
- Vivek Agnihotri loves to travel and write columns. He is a Social Media Influencer and is very active on various social media platforms. He is followed by more than 290k people on Instagram and 88k people on Facebook. He is followed by more than 708k people on Twitter. Vivek Agnihotri often shares pictures and videos of his films and books on social media.
- Later, Vivek Agnihotri with his wife founded the ‘I Am Buddha Foundation’, an NGO that trains underprivileged youth in creative thinking. Amid the COVID-19 lockdown crisis in India, this NGO has helped underprivileged children and many underprivileged families across Maharashtra financially.
- Vivek Agnihotri has served as the President of the International Jury of the International Film Festival of India, the Jury of the National Film Awards and as Secretary of the Association of Indian Film Directors and Screenwriters Association of India. He is a Board Member of CBFC and Cultural Representative of Indian Council for Cultural Relations.
- In May 2020, Vivek Agnihotri shared a gang rape tweet along with a picture of Ratan Tata Nano is standing next to the car. He tweeted,
What makes the Nano the safest car for women?
Above the tweet it was written,
There is no way for gang rape here.”
He later deleted the tweet after being reprimanded for sharing such controversial tweets.
- In 2022, Vivek Agnihotri released the film ‘The Kashmir Files’, which is based on the 1990 massacre of Kashmiri Pandits. For the production of this film, he, along with his wife and daughter, traveled around the world to meet and record the statements of the first generation of victims of the genocide. The film was scheduled to release in August 2021 but its release was postponed due to the COVID-19 lockdown. It was released in March 2022.
- Vivek Agnihotri is a supporter of Narendra ModiBut he does not follow the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- India’s Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani endorsed Vivek Agnihotri’s ideas for the screening of his film Buddha in a Traffic Jam at Jadavpur University and Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- Reportedly, Vivek Agnihotri often shares misleading social media content on his Twitter handle.
- Vivek Agnihotri is a fitness enthusiast. He often shares pictures from his workout sessions on various social media platforms.
- Many famous Indian magazines and newspapers often include Vivek Agnihotri in his articles.
- Soon after the release of the film The Kashmir Files, Vivek Agnihotri in one of his social media posts stated that The Kapil Sharma Show team refused to invite him to the show to promote their film after its release on 11 March 2022. . Vivek said that since there were no popular stars in his film, the comedian and his team refused his entry in the show. Later, Kapil Sharma Reacted to the news going viral on social media.
- In 2022, the democratic and liberal state of the USA-Rhode Island awarded Vivek Agnihotri a certificate of recognition for officially recognizing the Kashmir genocide through his film The Kashmir Files.