Vrushali Chavan is an Indian dancer, choreographer, actor and choreographer. She is best known for her work in the 2013 dance and music film ‘ABCD: Any Body Can Dance’ directed by an Indian choreographer. Remo D’Souza, The film had Vrushali Chavan in a guest appearance as Vrushali. She is a famous Bollywood choreographer and mentor. He has choreographed dance numbers for leading actors in Bollywood which include Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, Kareena kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Ajay Devgn And many more.
Vrushali was born on Sunday, 15 January 1984.age 38 years; by 2022) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He got admission in MA High School in Andheri West, Mumbai. She was a very studious child in school. So, to ease the academic pressure, her parents decided to join her in a dance class. They changed his school because he was too far away and there was no time left to attend dance classes. She learned many dance forms from Nalanda Choreography College in Mumbai. She completed her high school from St. Blaise High School in Andheri West, Mumbai which was close to her home. Her parents supported her a lot in pursuing a career in dancing. He earned a bachelor’s degree in fine arts from Mumbai’s Cosmopolitan College for five years.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx): 55 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
Vrushali belongs to a Marathi family from Mumbai.
parents and siblings
His father’s name is Pandurang Chavan, a pyrotechnician and his mother’s name is Madhuri Chavan. He has a younger brother named Prasen Chavan.
Vrushali says she didn’t choose dance, dance chose her. When the auditions for ‘Dance India Dance’ started, her brother Prasen filled the online audition form for her and asked her to go to the audition and perform any song. In 2009, Vrushali auditioned for the first season of the dance TV show ‘Dance India Dance’ (DID), in which she got selected and became a part of the team of Terence Lewis who is a choreographer and was one of the judges of the show. She became famous by becoming a participant in the show and after that she never looked back.
After being a contestant in the show, she got a chance to choreograph dance acts in many reality dance shows. She started her career as a choreographer in the show ‘Dance India Dance: Little Masters’ in 2010. Farah Khan, who is an Indian film producer and choreographer, was the judge on the show and asked Vrushali to be her assistant after watching her performance. With famous choreographers of Bollywood, Geeta Kapoor, The first song he choreographed as an assistant was ‘Fevicol Se’ from the 2012 film ‘Dabangg 2’. In 2010, she appeared in the reality dance show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ season 4, in which she acted as a choreographer for actor Dayanand Shetty. Later in 2015, he mentored in ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ season 8, in which his partner was Ashish Chowdhary, who is an actor. She is known for her choreography in many famous Bollywood movies including ‘Chennai Express’ (2013), ‘Happy New Year’ (2014), ‘Bajirao Mastani’ (2015) and others.
She debuted as an actress in the film ‘ABCD: Any Body Can Dance’, which featured several dancers/contestants from DID along with Indian choreographers. Prabhu Deva And Ganesh Acharya, She acted in the 2011 Indian comedy sitcom ‘Best of Luck Nikki’ in which she played the character of Preeti Piyush Prasad Pandey. In 2018, she was cast in the lead role opposite Ishtiaq Khan in the short drama film Prem Gajra Ani Mirch Chicken directed by Sharad Malhotra; She played the character of Ishtiaq Khan’s wife Indu. In 2019, she starred in the short film ‘Pablo’, in which she played the mother of a 7-year-old boy. She played the supporting character Veena Shankar in the 2021 Marathi suspense thriller web series ‘Anuradha’.
Facts / Trivia
- Vrushali was only five years old when she joined dance classes to learn Bharatanatyam. He learned Bharatnatyam till the seventh standard.
- She says that the biggest turning point of her life was participating in ‘Dance India Dance’. She never thought that she would pursue a career in dancing.
- About a year before auditioning for ‘Dance India Dance’, she participated in an Indian television dance show called ‘Boogie Woogie’ but was not selected.
- She got an opportunity to judge regional reality shows, Nachle Bindani and Khallas Dance Ekch Chance.
- He has choreographed songs in some Marathi movies like 31 Divas, Wada, Cheater, Tee Sadhya Ke Karte, Autograph, Shikari and Shutter.
- At the Jio Filmfare Awards (Marathi) 2018, Vrushali Chavan was nominated for the Best Choreography award for the song ‘Parikatha’ from the Marathi film, ‘Ti Sadhya Ke Karte’.
- He has 14.8k followers on Instagram.
- She does workshops on theatre, acting and dancing.
- In 2020, he had an Instagram live chat with several actors, actresses, life coaches and dancers, including Sharad Kelkar, Himanshu Ashok Malhotra, under the name ‘Gupshup With We’. Amrita Khanvilkar, Terence LewisUma Rayleigh and many more.
- In an interview, she shared that soon she is going to open her dance academy as many people were asking her when she is going to start dance classes during the pandemic.