Vyas Ganesan is an Indian college counsellor, writer and theater play director who appeared in the 2020 Netflix TV series ‘Indian Matchmaking’.
Vyas Mamta Ganesan was born on Tuesday, 18 September 1990.age 32 years; by 2022) Derry, New Hampshire, U.S. His hometown is in Austin Texas. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
He did his schooling from Kokurek Elementary School in Austin, Casey Elementary School in Austin, Fulmore Middle School in Austin, Keeling Middle School in Austin, and Academy of Liberal Arts and Science in Austin (2004–2008). From 2008 to 2012, he studied Bachelor of Arts from Allegheny College, USA. From 2012 to 2014, he attended Columbia University, New York to pursue a Master of Fine Arts.
height: 5′ 8″
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
parents and siblings
His father, Aparajan Ganesan, worked as an engineer, and his mother, Mamta Ganesan, worked as a yoga instructor. When Vyas Ganesan was 7 years old, his parents got divorced.
relationships / affairs
As of 2022, he is in a relationship with a girl whom he met on social media. Talking about his girlfriend during an interview, he said,
Long story short, his cousin saw the show, and they started talking about it, and later, his cousin reached out on behalf of my now girlfriend. She originally wrote, ‘Hey, I know it’s really not cool to slip into people’s DMs, but I’m doing it anyway.’ I immediately thought, ‘Well, it takes a lot of guts and courage to do that and I started talking to my now girlfriend. Then, you know, one thing leads to another and it spins fast from there. Now we have zoom date every Sunday and Wednesday. It’s great.”
In May 2007, he worked as an ice scooper at Baskin Robbins. In 2011, he started working as an SEO intern in a firm named Soma Vida. He then joined the Long Center for the Performing Arts, Austin as a telesales representative.
For about three years, he worked as a resident consultant at Allegheny College, Meadville, USA. After this he worked in Circle C Children Development Center. In 2014, he joined Scripps Networks, a web management company, as a Food Network digital media intern. He has also served as an Alcohol Proctor, House Manager and Assistant Teacher at Columbia University, New York. In 2015, he worked as an admissions counselor at Texas State University, Texas. in July 2018. He joined the Liberal Arts and Science Academy in Austin, Texas as a college counselor.
Ganesan is also working as a writer. Some of his articles are as follows:
- 2020: “Eating Steel” (verse), published by S’Mac Restaurant in NYC. Thanks, Sarita!
- 2019: “Returning to Hellboy” (nonfiction) in My Entertainment World (Canada).
- 2018: “4 Rules for Buying an Indian Cookbook” (nonfiction) in The Teal Mango.
- 2018: “ATX Interview: Roku Abby Reyes” (interview) in My Entertainment World (Canada).
- 2018: “Thevery: A Story About Stealing Food, Recipes, and Anything Else Not Nailed Down” (nonfiction) in The Teal Mango.
- 2018: “Black Panther Is Deathless” (nonfiction) in My Entertainment World
- 2017: “Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2: The Family Trope” (nonfiction) in My Entertainment World (Canada).
- 2017: “Get Up, Stand Up, Don’t Forget Get Out” (nonfiction) in My Entertainment World (Canada).
- 2016: “The Unbearable Whiteness of Blonde” (nonfiction) in My Entertainment World (Canada).
- 2016: “Game of Thrones and the Changing Face of Fantasy” (nonfiction) in My Entertainment World (Canada).
- 2015: “Kings and Sons” (nonfiction) in My Entertainment World (Canada).
- 2015: “The Guyanese Actor” (nonfiction) in My Entertainment World (Canada).
- 2010: “The Painless War” (nonfiction) in the October issue of Concit Magazine
- 2009: “Paint Stains in the Sun” (fiction) in the October issue of Long Story Short.
- 2009: “Access Baggage” (fiction), in the October issue of Long Story Short.
- 2009: “The Human Condition” (fiction) in Allegheny College’s Health Collection of the Year
Some of his articles have been published on digital platforms like The Teal Mango, Everyday Genius and My Entertainment World. Vysar has also participated in several writing seminars such as the Black Forest Writing Seminar and the Pittsburgh Mini Maker Faire.
Ganesan has appeared in a few English documentaries such as ‘Derek Minus Derek: A Derekmentary’ (2011) and ‘Glowing Puppets Hit the Harlem Streets’ (2012). He has directed an English drama ‘My Sky is Falling’ (2013). In 2015, he worked as a producer for the English documentary ‘Food Truck Triathlon’.
In 2019, Ganesan co-founded a music band called ‘Gnome Hut’ and served as the drummer in the band. In 2020, he appeared in the Hindi Netflix series ‘Indian Matchmaking’.
Facts / Trivia
- Ganesan is actively involved in various social services. He has volunteered for organizations such as the Austin Public Library, the Austin Children’s Museum, the Texas Hot Sauce Festival, and Habitat for Humanity.
- According to his Facebook account, his favorite quotes are,
- My memory is like a fishtank: dirty, dark and full of shiny things. (Self) Mobilis en Mobili. (Jules Verne)
- The worst part about living here is that you can only kill yourself once. (I think that’s from Babycake)
- How will you shape your clay? -Lloyd Alexander
- You are talented, I am a nun. -Orson Scott Card, (Shadow of the Hegemon)
- Baa, baa, black sheep, Have you any wool? Yes sir! Yes sir! Empty bags are full! One for the critics one for the lame one for the writers who are actually guilty! -Peter Budviatas
- In 2020, when he was in the TV series ‘Indian Matchmaking’, he shared that once his father was in jail. he said,
By the time I was born, my mother was already thinking of leaving my father because of his argumentative nature. They separated and it was only when I was seven that they were formally divorced. My father got married twice again, but the third marriage was not very good.” My father did not get along with his new wife and as he was finalizing the divorce proceedings, my father had a conversation with him where he said, “I will kill you.” So he called the police, and he went to jail for threatening to kill him.” He tried to contact a hitman from inside the jail. The person he tried to contact for the hitman was straight to the police. The police conducted a sting operation and got ten years for the murder conspiracy.